413: baby’s in black
For those of you who are obsessively checking your e-mail on a day when you should either be shopping or watching television with a bowl of leftover hovering underneath your chin, here’s something else: my Black Friday wish list for Christmas/Chanukah/Festivus ’06. This is not my list entire — there is still Blue Monday, Ruby Tuesday, and Ash Wednesday. I’m not aware of a song with a color and the word “Thursday” in the title.
And yes, the regular flip front will be back in one form or another. Eventually.
Jasmine’s Black Friday Wish list
1. Chanel Black Satin nail polish
2. Black Orpheus (Criterion Collection DVD)
3. Depeche Mode’s “Black Celebration”
4. black pearl earrings
5. Jay-Z’s “The Black Album”
6. Bitter is the New Black by Jen Lancaster
7. The Black Dahlia by James Ellroy
8. black Manolo Blahnik Mary Janes
9. Clinique “Black Honey” holiday gift set*
10. Jamaican black cake
* For my fellow beauty junkies: I’ve been wearing Clinique’s Almost Lipstick in Black Honey since high school. I’ve never known another lip gloss or lipstick to look good on everybody I’ve ever put it on, though Revlon’s Blackberry (a knockoff of Chanel’s Vamp) is up there as well.