I’m way too tired to blog about this night properly. But I wanted to say a few things before I head home (yes, I’m at the office – I left my purse here so I wouldn’t have to worry about checking it at the rally):
- Getting into the park was slow, but pretty smooth. Folks were nice and friendly.
- Secret Service were hanging at the metal detectors. They totally meant business.
- And that went for all law enforcement, especially those CPD horsies.
- I ate a slice of pizza from some folks who had an extra slice. And Tony bought me a diet coke. I don’t know how else I would have made it through 4 hours of standing.
- BTW, Tony kept everybody cracking up. Seriously. This is a man who, upon seeing video of Jesse Jackson shedding tears of joy, still called Jesse out for being a hater.
- So many cool eyeglasses in the crowd.
- Watching CNN in a huge crowd was nice, as we got no crappy commercials.
- Nobody knew what country song they kept playing after “Signed, Sealed, Delivered”.
- I should have taken my proper camera to take better shots. Oh well, I’ll just use my words to paint you a picture. [rolls eyes]
- President-elect Barack Obama. Vice President-elect Joe Biden. Sounds good to me.