notes on a new year’s eve
The bitch is back. Sorta. This isn’t the big 2008 wrap-up I want to write eventually, just some notes on recent revelry. Yes, it’s a listicle, but no “best of” or “worst of”. Onward, bitches.
- My double-chin is now so huge that I now call it my skinbeard.
- Nite & Jeff demonstrated a Muppet hug last week when we went to the double feature of “It’s A Wonderful Life” and “White Christmas” with Mike and his friend Chris last week. A Muppet hug is when a Muppet when non-functioning arms cuddles up to another Muppet or a human (usually a celebrity guest star on “The Muppet Show” like Loretta Swit), putting their wee Muppet head on the shoulder of their target/pal. Of course, you have to be careful that you don’t knock heads when you Muppet hug.
- I brought all this makeup to Nite and Jeff’s New Year’s Eve game night to apply in the bathroom — this totally gorgeous NARS gold eye shadow, a fetching nude gloss — and I applied none of it.
- I think the mac n’ cheese I made for game night turned out okay, as I forgot to season it. Still, though, who figured small curd cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan, and grated cheddar could work together so well?
- I’m still fly, in case you were wondering.
- I haven’t been to Red Lobster in ages. Anybody want to go? Maybe this weekend. I crave their cheesy bread.
- I haven’t made any resolutions, but I should talk to my parents more. I owe the family a visit.
- Everybody at game night had an iPhone or an iPod Touch.
- There was considerable discussion on the following topics:
- Jan Terri
- whether or not Kathy Griffin wore a wig or her own natural hair for her New Year’s Eve appearance on CNN with Anderson “The Silver Fox” Cooper
- I think everybody liked the Wii.
- We ran out of soda pretty early. It wasn’t the usual party assortment: cranberry and blood orange Italian sodas from Whole Foods, diet Coke with lime, Vernor’s, and grape Crush.
- We had brownies with peanut butter cups baked in while we played several rounds of Apples to Apples.
- And as if you didn’t know, crack kills: