hello it’s me
There’s no excuse for not writing in ages, so I’ll just flood this post with links to stuff and hope that you will forgive me.
- I’ve been Tweeting like crazy. Follow me here.
- Recently, I’ve been Tumbling like mad. Madness! Read my tumbleblog here. I think of this as my scrapbook to hold inspiration until I start writing in earnest again.
- Facebook: the original social media time suck. For me, anyway. For some of y’all that might be MySpace.
- Flickr! Recent-ish photosets of note:
- Hyacinth turns 1: Joe & Jacinda’s baby is now a toddler
- Spring Break ’09: I took Amtrak to and back from New York City, and it was awesome. While I was in New York, I saw friends, family, and Beavers (read: made it to my 15-year high school reunion).
- day with Nite: Brunch at Publican (my new favorite brunch spot), followed by Artropolis, with Nite. Beautiful day.
OMG I totally voted for the first time and everything, first in March and then in April when I voted in the special election to replace Rahm Emanuel in Congress! My polling station is in the elementary school next to my house! It could not have been any easier! Okay, maybe it would have been easier if I didn’t have to vote so strangely — on the ballot, each candidate name had a broken arrow and to cast your vote you drew a thick line to fill in the arrow — but apart from that it was amazing. Democracy!
Now’s the part where I ask you to do stuff because I am selfish and self-centered.
- DISGRASIAN™ needs your love. Why? Because Jen and Diana are fucking hilarious and everybody needs to know it. Follow @disgrasian on Twitter, and become a fan on Facebook.
- Jalissa’s husband Thomas is a talented director. His reel is up at Creative Cow – check it out and vote for it (registration necessary).
- Read Gapers Block for all your Chicago-tastic newsy tidbit needs.