I started this blog as a e-mail list back in 2000 when I slipped and fell down a flight of wet stairs and I wanted to share that experience with dozens of people. Below are some things you should probably know about me.
Update! I just attended my first BlogHer conference. I came away with new ideas and (hopefully) new friends. New friends are better than page hits, though I think you should know that I love it when my friends read my blog, leave comments, and write blogs of their own.
- I whine constantly about being a “real” writer, whatever that means.
- I try to get up early on Saturdays, but usually fail.
- I like eating honey butter, Concord grapes, prosciutto, and buffalo mozzarella. Among other things. Lots of other things.
- I am very particular about what nail polishes I wear.
- I think maybe sometimes I watch too much television.
- I need to learn how to drive.
- I hate waiting for my hair to dry.
- I’m obsessed with my sparse eyebrows, my enormous pores, and my hair.
- I am awesome.
- Welcome, Disgrasian™ readers.
- Welcome, also, Gapers Block readers.
- Welcome, also also, those folks who got my card at BlogHer ’09 or found me (somehow) in the BlogHer directories.
- Big love to you Twitter folks, too.
- And welcome to those of y’all who found my blog when Googling “hot ghetto mess”. Though I question your intentions.
- And I’m totally in an ad for Geezeo.com!